Aquatrol CAT110E Premium Grade cation resin provides a high purity, premium cation resin designed for the treatment of foods, beverages, potable waters, and water used in the processing of food. Aquatrol CAT110E resin is a high grade resin which complies with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) CFR 21, Title 173.25 for use in the treatment of foods for human consumption. Aquatrol CAT110E cation resin has excellent hydraulic characteristics for optimal flow rate and backwash flow rates.
Its high capacity and porosity characteristic provide exceptional kinetic behavior along with good physical, chemical and thermal stability. Aquatrol CAT110E is insoluble in dilute or moderately concentrated acids, alkalies, and in all common solvents. Thermally stable to higher than 248 F (120 C) in alkali's such as, sodium or alkaline earth like calcium and magnesium salt forms.
Typical Physical & Chemical Characteristics
- Polymer Matrix Structure: Crosslinked Polystyrene Divinylbenzene.
- Physical Form and Appearance: Brownish Yellow - Brown, Amber.
- Whole Bead Count: 95% min.
- Functional Groups: R-SO3.
- Ionic Form, as shipped: Na+.
- Screen Size Range - US Standard Screen: 16 - 50 mesh, wet.
- Particle Size Range: +1.2 mm less than 5%, -0.3 mm less than 1%.
- Moisture Retention, Na+ form: 46 - 50%.
- Swelling Na+ greater than H+: 8 - 10%
- Specific Gravity, Moist Na+ Form: 1.27
- Total Exchange Capacity, Na+ Form (Wet, volumetric: 1.9 eq/l min.) (Dry, weight: 4.5 eq/kg min.).
- Operating Temperature, Na+ Form: 248 F (120 C).
- pH Range Stability, Na+ Form: 0 - 14.
- pH Range Operating, Na+ Form: 6 - 10.
APPLICATION: This product is mainly used for softening hard water and preparing pure and high purity water. In addition, it is used in separation and purification of trace elements as well as hydro-metallurgy and pharmaceutical industry.
INTERNATIONAL EQUIVALENTS: Dow HGR, Mitsubishi SK-110, Purolite C100X10, Rohm & Haas IR-122, Sybron C-250, Thermax T-52, Aldex, Resintech CG-10.