KX Matrikx Plekx P10 Filter - 10" Carbon Filter
Plekx P10 Water Filter is a 10 inch spiral wound activated carbon filter cartridge used for the reduction of the bad taste and odor of chlorine as well as dirt, sediment, rust, and other impurities down to the 5 micron level. The Plekx P10 is a unique and economical composite filter, being able to filter both sediment and chlorine.
Plekx 10 filter is made of activated carbon particles infused into a uniform film and supported using polypropylene non woven webs. This carbon water filter features high chlorine tatse and odor reduction along with a large dirt holding capacity. The Plekx P10 can be used for a wide range of residential, commercial, food service, pre and post reverse osmosis, and light industrial applications.Plekx P10 Water Filter Specifications:
- Pressure: 2.0 PSI @ 1GPM
- Temperature Range: 40 - 125?F
- Filter Media: Activated carbon
- Filter Life: About 2,500 gallons
- Max. Operating Pressure: 250 PSI
- Flow Rate: Approx. 1 gallon per minute
- Dimensions: 9 3/4" length x 2 1/2" width
- Micron Rating: 5 micron nominal; 10 micron absolute
- Flow Rate: 1 GPM @ 2.0 PSI (may vary depending on specific water filter system)
- Removes/Reduces: Chlorine taste and odor, sediment, dirt, rust, organic contaminants, certain chemicals, and more
Plekx 10 filters flow in a radial (outside-to-inside) direction, which allows for increased dirt holding capacity and a lower pressure drop. Unlike granular activated carbon (GAC) filters, this Plekx P10 filter cartridge will not channel or bypass because of the uniformity of its extruded carbon medium. The filter life of the Plekx 10 filter is extended by depth filtration through multiple layers of polypropylene spunbonded filtration medium.
The Plekx P10 filter is also known by part number P10-250-109-096.